This is how I feel today! If only I looked that perfect. I am training for my first half marathon. I was a runner in junior high and high school and I was pretty good. The longest race that I have run is a 5k. I am great at short distance but not so good at long. My friend Tiffany and I are training for the Country Music 1/2 in Nashville. Should be fun...Lots of music!!! Music makes running so much easier. The weather has been so cold and yucky here. The coldest winter in years. So, the treadmill has been my
best friend. On Saturdays we usually do our long runs outside. Last Saturday I ran my 1st long run on the treadmill. I ran 6 miles and watched Food Network. I thought that I was going to go nuts running that far on the treadmill, but it was pretty great. I have lost no weight doing this but I feel fantastic and my body is getting less flabby!! Yeah! You all should try it!!!
4 comments:
Aimee - I ran for pretty much the first time in life - last year when I started training for my first triathlon. I always hated running (of course I was 20lbs heavier) but once I started I learned to love it! I work it into my workouts now and love the alone time when I can just "BE" by myself with my trusty ipod. Glad you're having fun. Good luck with he training. Will watch for updates :)
oh another comment! you are making me want to run again. I don't know if I lost weight last year...I think a little, but I was so much less flabby! You get so hungry running so much but I had NO guilt about eating whatever I wanted. Winter, different story, I pig out and don't run and getting the blasted flab back....so annoying, I'm totally going to start running again....keep posting your motivating me to get off my butt! :)
Kim-That is so awesome that you did a triathlon. Brian and I really want to do one of those. I'm glad that you love running now. It can become addictive.
Stephanie-You should do another half marathon. With summer coming it is the perfect time to get a good bathing suit body. I love running because you can just eat and eat and it does nothing.
what about those hated shin splints????
It is such a high though... Yah for you.
It's best in the summer when you can come in just dripping with sweat.
I can't wait to get back to it...give me a few months!
Post a Comment