Saturday, February 20, 2010

6.5 Miles

These Runner's World magazine pictures motivate me. I love them. They make me want to stick with my goal and not quit.
On Friday my friend and I ran our longest run yet. 6.5 miles. It was so hard. Running outside is sooo much harder than treadmill running. There were two things that made it hard.....
1. The weather. I know I am a big baby, but we ran at 8:00am and it was only 29 degrees. Not fun.
2. The hills. They were hard too! Atlanta has some really nice inclines. I think that we ran uphill for at least 1/2 of the way.
I thought this picture was funny. That is how we felt. Until next week. Each week we add about a mile on to our distance. I hope I can make it. Spring, please come soon..... I need warmer weather. I would rather sweat more than freeze.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Aimee,
You are a die hard! I ran my first half marathon last year and LOVED it! I trained with a friend and that is the way to go. I want to do another one this year but I CANNOT run in the freezing. I'm not motivated enough to be super good on my treadmill yet. The warmer weather totally motivates me...I hope! Good luck! Your going to be extra ready training on hills! Ours started in a canyon and was mostly down hill....good good times! Have fun, you will do awesome!

Kim Bee said...

two words...."Forrest Gump"
not that you look like him....scary...but keep runnng!! Have fun :)

Cheryl said...

This picture totally reminded me of when we went running and it was totally freezing and started snowing. 6 miles of torture and no gloves! Just our short shorts! I miss running with you. I can still picture you in stride with your hands on your head. We spent A LOT of nights burning calories. I wish I could go back to those glory days.

Keep it up. I seriously don't know how you find the time...