It is very hard to tell on this x-ray but the lower bone has a simple fracture right near the wrist. Lindsey was having a great time with her cousins on Saturday. She was roller blading and hit a lip in the sidewalk going about 100mph and fell and broke her wrist. I heard her scream from a distance and thought for sure someone was hit by a car. When I got to her she was screaming, "I know I broke my arm". Sure enough it was all deformed and made me want to throw up. Luckily we had Brian's sister's family in town. They helped watch all the other kids and our brother n law Danny drove us to the hospital . We are also very blessed to live about one mile from the hospital. When we got to the ER we were the only ones in the waiting room. Poor Lindsey was still screaming like crazy. They took us in right away (we did end up spending 5 hours there). This is the most pain this child has ever been in. It is so hard as a parent to watch. They gave her an IV with some Morphine. It was pretty funny to watch as she went from being so tense and frantic to almost peaceful in about 1 minute. In her peaceful voice she said," I can still feel the pain". This time there were no more tears. Medicine is a cool thing. She also had to endure a nice shot right in the broken bone to numb it while the Dr. set the bone back in place for the cast. She is doing much better today. We are off the big time drugs at least. Motrin is working great. Tomorrow I need to take her back to the Orthopedist to make sure everything still looks good. He said with all the swelling she might have to get another cast. Her fingers are pretty fat today. I am so sad that I did not remember to bring my camera in all the panic to show how disgustingly deformed her wrist was. I will make sure and post a picture of our little patient soon. She does get to miss some school tomorrow. Since she broke her right arm, she also gets to try to be a left hander like her mother:)
12 years ago




3 comments:
Ow! Thats all I can say. I wont be a very good mom when my maniac sons hurt themselves. I freak out WAAAAY to much at the smallest sight of blood. It sounds like you handled it pretty well.
BTW I am loving your blog. You are a good writer, regardless of what you think. Your personality totally shines through. I love that.
Welcome Blogger!
How awful. Sorry that you guys had a crazy weekend and that Lindsey got so hurt.
The first bone I ever broke was my arm from roller skating! Glad we have your blog address to keep us and Natalie up to date!
Post a Comment