Monday, September 22, 2008

The old cast and the new cast

This is the cast that they put on in the ER. Our Orthopaedic  Dr. did not like the way they made the cast. After looking at the x-rays, he decided it was best to put on a full arm cast. It is for rotation purposes. Just to help it heal properly. She will have this new cast on for four weeks. Then they will put another short arm cast (waterproof) on for two more weeks. Lindsey looks real excited don't you think? She is still really tired from the long weekend of pain and lack of sleep. 
Here they are putting the new red cast over the short white one that they put on her in the ER. They did not want to cut the other one off because the bone would possibly move back out of place. So, they just put the new one over the old one. She is going to have a sweaty arm. Poor thing. 
The finished result after our appointment.
Here we are dropping Lindsey off at school. She needs to wear this sling for the first week. 

3 comments:

Steph said...

Oooohhhh! poor thing! I am so sorry, it is going to be a long 4 weeks for all of you. Then even a smaller cast, which I'm sure will be a welcome addition after "big red" What a pain, i'm sorry!
With 3 boys I'm sure we will have our fair share of ER visits, this just scares me to death!

Unknown said...

Yay, you have a blog!

Your girls are so stinkin' cute.

I'm sorry about the broken arm. I hope she heals quickly.

Take care

Lisa

Pat said...

Lindsey girl, I'm so sorry you got hurt. You sure do have a pretty red cast though!

Love Nana