Sunday, December 13, 2009

Merry Christmas/Beach Photos

Merry Christmas 2009!
I have been waiting for over 4 months to post these pictures. I was saving them for our holiday photo on our Christmas card. We had these taken in Gulf Shores, Alabama in July. After moving a few heads around we are very satisfied with the end result.
We are so very grateful for our many blessings in 2009! Here are some of them:
We are grateful for Brian's job as General Counsel. Even if he commutes 130 miles round trip each day.
We are grateful for 4 beautiful healthy girls. They are the joy of our life.
We are grateful that Brian and I both serve with the youth of our church. They inspire us and bless our lives. Brian recently got released from the Bishopric and is now the YM president and I am the 2nd counselor in the YW presidency. It definitely keeps us very busy.
A few things that the girls are up to these days:
Lindsey has become quite the reader. She finds a new series that she likes and finishes it in like 1-2 weeks. Lindsey started piano lessons in September. She has done very well at it. She has finished one book and is ready to start the next. She is also still enjoying her dance lessons. She takes pre-point, jazz, and character. She is very excited to be on point next year. She will have a big decision to make as she is going into Middle School though. Next year she is required to take 5 dance classes in order to stay in the accelerated level. 2 ballet classes, jazz, modern, and character. If she chooses this route she will one day be on the Company at our dance studio which is a great privilege but very hard and time consuming. But that also means that she will never have time to be involved in any sports at school. We will support her in whatever decision she makes. Lindsey is very mature for her age and continues to grow like crazy. She is now almost 5 " 1. We are already wearing the same size shoes.
Kirsten has decided that she does not like dance anymore. Particularly ballet. So she quit to pursue tumbling. She has grown to love flipping. She goes outside almost everyday to do backhand springs and back tucks. She is very good at this. And very dedicated. After the new year we are going to start tumbling and cheer classes. Kirsten also started piano in September. She is doing such a fantastic job. She and Lindsey have been teaching each other their piano recital pieces. I love hearing them play.
Caroline has worked really hard and has become a fantastic little reader this year. She is such a sweet little thing with a spunky little personality. She loves the clean her room. She is such a great little helper. She is now in her 4th year of ballet. She has a great teacher who still dances professionally. She will be able to take a variety of dance classes next year like Lindsey and can't wait.
Lauren started pre-school this year. She goes twice a week and loves every minute of it. This is by far the best pre-school that any of the girls have gone to. Great teachers and a fantastic program. Did I mention that it is only 2 miles from our house? Lauren also started ballet this year. She also has the best pre school ballet teacher we have ever had. I wish that I could video tape that class. It is so much fun for her. They dance with fairies, wear tutu's, and learn many fun tricks using colored beanbags. They also do some work on the bar which is adorable to watch those little 3 year old girls do.
I am in the process of applying for a new online degree program at BYU-I. I will likely start taking classes in the fall. I have been wanting to finish my degree for a while now. The kids are getting bigger and I will have more time to use my noodle :).
Brian is that hardest worker I have ever seen. He continues to impress me. After working a very long day he comes home and helps me with the kids. Sitting down most nights at 8:30-9:00 to eat dinner. He is a keeper for sure:).
We are mostly grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ at this time of year. As we reflect on his life may we all try to emulate his great example for us and the life he lived on this earth. We are also very thankful for our dear friends and family that live so far away. We love each and every one of you!
May you each have a joyous holiday season!
Love,
The Memory Family





2 comments:

Steph said...

What a great post Aimee! Your pictures are SO cute! And... can I borrow your daughter that likes to clean her room?...she could teach my boys a thing or two! That is awesome, sounds like you guys are super busy. YW and YM, Wow, how do you do it! The youth are very fun to work with though! Good luck with your degree, I want to get mine too...gotta wait till I get more kiddos in school! Merry Christmas!!! loved the card!

Anne said...

I'm so glad you guys are doing so well. You were always someone to look up to in YW's and I'm sure you still are today. Merry Christmas.